A.D. April 17, 2018 (Tuesday)
Quote of the Day
The overwhelming majority of my clients believe the most secure path to a lasting marriage is sex first, then cohabitation once you can afford your own place, then marriage once you're both economically stable.... To rush to the altar before you've 'tested the relationship' is irresponsible."
Studies, about her work with low-income women in Washington, D.C.
- U.S. pastor held in Turkey denies links to terrorists (The Wall Street Journal via Facebook)
- Iraq executes 11 convicted of terrorism (AFP via The New Arab)
- Cardinal George Pell targeted to punish Catholic church, defense lawyer says (The Guardian)
Audio of the Day
- This is how the Vatican should deal with China (David Mulroney, Catholic Herald)
- Duke Divinity School's race to the bottom (John Staddon, Martin Center for Academic Renewal)
- The ancient biblical sermons break all the modern rules — maybe the rules should be re-examined (Charles Pope, Community in Mission)
- Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions About Life and Sexuality by Nancy Pearcy (Abigail Rine Favale, First Things)